About Denmark Elementary School
The Denmark Elementary School was built in 1970. It houses first through fifth grades. Hands-on science using Einstein kits, a balanced literacy program, the Everyday Math Program, and technology are ongoing areas of improvement for the Elementary School. The staff is committed to improving student learning in a child-friendly atmosphere. A supportive Parent/Teacher Organization is an asset to the students and staff.
Specialists in the areas of Art, Media Center, Keyboarding/Computers, Physical Education, and Music service the Denmark Elementary School. In addition, the school offers comprehensive services in Special Education. The school also has a comprehensive Pupil Services program.
The Denmark Elementary School is committed to having all students read at or above grade level at the conclusion of third grade. The Literacy Coordinator and Reading Recovery Program complement the balanced Literacy Program.
- School Start Time: 8:05 AM
- School Closing Time: 3:10 PM
- Office Hours: 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Projected Enrollment: 520
- Houses: Grades 1-5
- 5 Sections 1st Grade, 1:22 teacher/student ratio*
- 5 Sections 2nd Grade, 1:21 teacher/student ratio*
- 5 Sections 3rd Grade, 1:23 teacher/student ratio*
- 4 Sections 4th Grade, 1:23 teacher/student ratio*
- 5 Sections 5th Grade, 1:23 teacher/student ratio*
- Grading Period: Three grading terms